The blog has moved!
March 11, 2013
I’ve finally made the decision to switch to my own blog and no longer use Tumblr’s services. While Tumblr has served me well and I will continue to use it for other things I wanted a bit more functionality and customization.
Please visit my blog if you think I’m interesting enough :)
Happy President’s Day!
February 18, 2013
To show my appreciation for President’s Day I drew the man responsible for the occasion, George Washington. He get’s a holiday while Lincoln gets tons of movies. Check out the Dribbble shot for what he looked like in sketch-form!
Happy Valentine’s Day
February 14, 2013
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! I just also happen to sell my first print on Etsy and it’s my “Drunk Love” print (the one above and to the right). Hooray! I just wanted to celebrate. What are you guys waiting for? Get you one!
January 1, 2013
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s been about four months since my last update. I haven’t really forgotten it’s just that life has become insanely crazy. I did want to make the obligatory resolutions and goals post just to stick it to me next year when I’ve realized I didn’t accomplish any of it.
Lose weight.I’ve lost about 20lbs total but that was in one whole month before the Bahamas
- Don’t go to work and look like you’ve just rolled out of bed.
Alright so for the first few weeks I did make attempts to put on light make-up, somewhat tame my wild nest-hair, and don’t roll into work in nothing but jeans, a tank top, and a hoodie. After that, not so much. I’m the person who is always late no matter what. I give myself enough time to wake up, realize I’m alive, and get downstairs to my car.
- Lose between 60-70lbs
- Learn Spanish
- Design and develop my very own iOS app and release it into the wild
- Save and plan for a vacation to Puerto Rico
- Work on more personal projects
2013 is totally going to be about me. This is my year to do things that I want and would love to do. Turning 27 in October just made me realize how fast time is flying by and how I need to take advantage of my youth, my creativity, and my time while I still have them. I hope to at least accomplish three of my goals.
Also not on the list but equally as important: Refresh and re-design this damn blog!
October 16, 2012
I am in the middle of re-designing and re-structuring my blog and what it means to me to keep up with one. I haven’t blogged since July (after my little rant) and it all really comes down to me not being inspired or motivated enough. I’ve been pretty preoccupied since that last July post so here’s a quick run-down of what has happened:
- Our apartment had to be fumigated for termites. We don’t have them but it was a precautionary measure. We stayed with our good friends for 3 days and 2 nights over the July 4th holiday. It was fun!
- I started eating Keto (and have started a keto-blog but more on that later) and started working out hardcore.
- I’ve dropped 15lbs in one month thanks to the above
- Jay’s birthday
- Everyone’s birthday
- I’ve dropped 20lbs total and still going strong!
- Put in my two-weeks notice with Sojo Studios (but I love them so much)
- Went on a family cruise vacation with 24 of my family members
- Yes, 24
- My first time being away from Frankie for more than a day, worried the entire time
- We flew into Abbeville, LA, visited New Orleans and Baton Rouge, and then drove to Port Canaveral, FL
- Went on my first cruise … it was to the Bahamas!
- Family drama ensued
- Drove BACK to Louisiana and this time got dropped off in Baton Rouge
- Spent two glorious days with some of our best friends, Krystyn, Philip, and their furbabies
- Narrowly missed Hurricane Isaac though we were stuck in Houston for +2hrs
- Caught a traveling flu from all the close quarters and contact in the terminals
- Finished up last week at Sojo Studios
- Started with Buffalo Studios
- Still in social games (will I ever escape?)
- I’ve plateaued with my diet and exercise, considering Intermittent Fasting
- Finish wedding invitations for my cousin
There, are we all caught up? October is still pretty crazy and I don’t even want to think about what’s coming up. But just off the top of my head there is my birthday (I’ll be 27 on the 27th), the Run For Your Lives obstacle course race, Halloween, engagement photo-shoot for the cousins, freelance, and trying to remain calm.
Can we just fast-forward to December where I’ll be in Maui for a week? :) Anyway, I look forward to the next several days and weeks since new and improved things will be happening ‘round these parts!